Compassion – a heartfelt response to the suffering or struggles of others – arises from an acknowledgment of our shared humanity. It has the ability to connect us deeply. Going beyond mere sympathy, it extends a helping hand or a comforting presence, thereby cultivating empathy, kindness and gratitude, promoting a sense of belonging and support, and creating positive change within ourselves and our communities.
The energy that resonates with compassion is gentle and expansive. It feels warm, loving, and enveloping, emanating from the heart. Not only does it open us up to the experiences of others, allowing us to transcend our own perspectives and build social harmony, but also enhances well-being, reduces stress, and contributes to greater emotional and mental resilience.
Marvellously, compassion is a limitless resource within us. When we understand the essence of compassion, embrace its energy, and actively cultivate it in our lives, we become catalysts for positive change.
- Reflect: begin by reflecting on your own experiences of receiving compassion. Recall moments when others extended kindness, understanding, or support to you. Recognise the positive impact it had on your well-being and the potential to offer the same to others.
- Practice: actively listen to others and try to understand their experiences, perspectives, and emotions. Put yourself in their shoes.
- Act: engage in acts of kindness towards others. Offer a helping hand, express genuine concern, support those in need.
- Be present: cultivate a mindful awareness that enables you to fully engage with others and their experiences. Practice non-judgmental awareness, allowing space for compassion to arise naturally.
- Love yourself: extend compassion to yourself by recognising your own struggles. Treat yourself with kindness, understanding, and forgiveness.
- Social engagement: engage in initiatives or social causes that promote compassion and alleviate suffering. Use your voice, resources, and influence to advocate for positive change and contribute to a more compassionate society.
Do you feel as if your emotions fluctuate out of control?
Our beliefs, values, principles, emotions and behaviour can be disrupted when our energy vibrates at a low frequency. The Stepping Up programme will give you a good understanding of why and how this is happening and gives you the skills to take control. We will assess your Current Operating Profile of Energy and delve into the seven levels of energy that can empower you to move forward.
Want to find out more? Get in touch, we’d love to hear from you!
* Adapted from the works of Bruce D Schneider, Ph. D., the founder and CEO of iPEC – Energy Leadership™.